RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In exchange for participation in the Santa Barbara 4th of July Parade, and all related activities and events, I, for myself, my successors, heirs, assigns, executors, and administrators:
1. AGREE that prior to participating in any activity or event, I will inspect the facilities, equipment and materials to be used, and if I believe any of them are unsafe, I will immediately advise the person supervising the event, activity, facility or area;
2. ACKNOWLEDGE I understand my participation may involve risk of serious injury or death, including economic losses that may result not only from my own actions, inactions or negligence, but also from the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the condition of the facilities, equipment or areas where the event or activity is being conducted, and simply from the nature of the event and activities themselves;
3. AGREE TO ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY TO MYSELF including, but not limited to, medical or hospital bills, permanent or partial disability, death, and damage to my property, caused by or arising from my participation in the Santa Barbara 4th of July Parade and all related activities and events.
4. COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR PRESENT ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY,
PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR WRONGFUL DEATH against 4th of July Parade, Spirit of 76 Association, the CITY OF SANTA BARBARA, the COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA, and any of their officers, members of the board of directors, agents, volunteers, or employees, as well as my fellow participants in the Santa Barbara 4th of July Parade and all related activities and events, for acts attributable in any way to my participation in said events or activities;
5. RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE 4th of July Parade, Spirit of 76 Association, the CITY OF SANTA BARBARA, the COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA, and any of their officers, members of the board of directors, agents, volunteers, or employees, as well as my fellow participants in the Santa Barbara 4th of July Parade and all related events and activities, from any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, demands, or causes of action against them arising from or attributable in any way to my participation in the events or activities, whether same shall arise by their negligence or otherwise;
6. AGREE that photographs, pictures, slides, movies or videos may be taken of me in connection with my participation in these events or activities without compensation from anyone, >and I consent to the use of these photographs, pictures, slides, movies or videos for any legal or commercial purpose;
7. ACKNOWLEDGE that 4th of July Parade Spirit of 76 Association, the CITY OF SANTA BARBARA the COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA are not joint sponsors, joint venturers, partners, or otherwise jointly engaged in production of the Santa Barbara 4th of July Parade or any other related event or activity; and
8. ACKNOWLEDGE I have read (or someone has read to me) and understood the 4th of July Parade Guidelines regarding participation in the Santa Barbara 4th of July Parade and related events and activities, and agree to follow and abide by said Guidelines at all times.
THIS DOCUMENT RELIEVES 4th of July Parade, Spirit of 76 Association, THE CITY OF SANTA BARBARA, THE COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA, MY FELLOW PARADE PARTICIPANTS, AND ALL OF THE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND VOLUNTEERS OF THE FOREGOING FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE. I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT (OR HAD IT READ TO ME), UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY.
Adult or Parent or Guardian
4TH OF JULY PARADE GUIDELINES
Our mission statement:
4th of July Parade/Spirit of76 Association is a community organization that celebrates life by encouraging participation in the 4th of July Parade.
These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to create a safe and hospitable atmosphere for all participants. The viability of this Parade depends upon your cooperation by observing these guidelines:
1. We do not discriminate in our employment practices, volunteer opportunities, or delivery of programs and services on the basis or race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Our entrants must be appropriate for all ages and abilities.
2. Our parade, is drug and alcohol free.
3. Entrants cannot represent any political event, political statement, political question, or in some way offend our parade viewers and therefore not permitted. All props must be safe and not pose a risk to our participants or the parade spectators.
4. Registration is required for participation in the parade.
5. Colorful, innovative artistic expression is celebrated.
6. No fireworks, explosives, or other pyrotechnics.
7. For safety reasons, shoes are required in the parade, and we recommend you carry water in the parade and use sunblock.
8. We are a litter free event. Please help by picking up after yourself and your friends! All entrants must bring a trash container or garbage bag to the Staging Area and dispose of it before or after the parade starts.